Monday, July 4, 2011

It made me raise my game, And I'm still rising, I'm still rising

Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.

– Marianne Williamson


Today mum, myself, and my sister Kaitlin went out to the mall to get some things... We were able to get yoga mats which is lovely. We got six, in total I think, since four of us are going to be consistently going to Yoga starting Thursday, and since we may or may not have friends/family who go with us.

When we got home I felt a bit nauseous, so I went to my room for a lie down. I think the Zyban is the cause of it, at least I hope it is I would hate to be coming down with something. I have to say I have been feeling much better these past few days.

I walked my mile, but didn't push it further than that since I knew I would be going to my Tai Chi class a bit later. It was very relaxing, I enjoyed it greatly. My only problem was that at the end of the hour (I hadn't even realized the time had past!) my legs were so shaky from holding my weight, moving my weight, etc. in a bent position, slowly changing directions. My thighs are sore, which I expected after I had been in there for a little while, and my abs are a bit sore from it, which I didn't expect at all.

I think what I enjoyed about it most was the way I cleared my mind and thought. I thought a lot about the book I have just finished, (Excuse me, your life is waiting, by Lynn Grabhorn), and I have to say that while some of it just seems like horsewash the fundamentals of it are something I have always believed in. Like attracts like. I think reading it has reaffirmed some of my positive thinking, or at least some of my attempts at positive feeling, and perhaps has even given me a small amount of spiritual enlightenment.

Thursday I will be going to an art class in the morning, I spoke with the woman who holds them on the phone about it, and though I don't really need a class to teach me to paint I do very much want to be around artistically inclined minds. She told me that there are people there with various levels of skill in her classes, and that for those more skilled in their craft it is for criticism. I am very excited for this class, I think it will be amazing to be around others in such a setting again, I miss it. Mum, my sisters, and I will be attending Yoga as well that evening... and maybe Zumba, depending. I am mildly wary of the Zumba, not because it's dancing... I am sure it will me amazing though.

I hope everyone in the USA has a lovely 4th of July, to all my friends and family there: I miss you dearly.


--A.E

No comments:

Post a Comment