Monday, July 18, 2011

Breathing is good. Please do more of that.

You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.
– Dr. Seuss

Today was day 1 of my training with Kaity. We were supposed to do five UpHills, we got through just over one and a half... Apparently while doing any physical activity that is more intense than a mild jog I forget to breathe. I wish I would have just pushed past it, looking back even twenty minutes later makes me realize how whiny and very defeatist I was. I felt annoyed with myself, disappointed in myself. I know that they say it's actually your mind putting the limits on your body... that your body is capable of so much more... but it doesn't feel that way when you're running up and down a hill and your lips are turning blue.


I still have ab things to do today, my 1:1's (one minute running, one minute walking), and Tai Chi. Kaity and I will probably go running by the water tonight when less people are out and about.

I have an awesome trainer who pushes me, and I am glad for it... Though I know today isn't done, I know tomorrow I will do better.

--A.E

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you have a trainer that you love! Good luck with anything.

    Have a wonderful week and great job pushing yourself! I was just in Auckland NZ in February and it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete