Thursday, July 7, 2011

Languages are lovely.

Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
– Dorothy Parker

Today is my second full day without a cigarette. While I haven't gone running like I planned to, I think I have done fairly well.

Since I have started on the Zyban I have found myself doing things differently. I eat only until I am no longer hungry, but not until I feel stuffed, and sometimes I almost forget to eat. My sleeping has regulated itself, I am waking up every morning at seven and eight... And most importantly I am feeling hopeful.

While I feel as if I am leveling off emotionally I can't help but feel an over abundance of hope I have mostly spent the last week adjusting to the medicine, and cleaning. The most amazing part of this though, is the fact that I haven't smoked in the last two days. I have some cravings, but not overwhelming and not as often as I have previously had to go through.

I have decided recently that I went to learn several languages. Currently I am wanting to learn German and Mandarin, but I need to brush up on my Armenian...

It's good to keep busy.


-A.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment